This is Chef Tell's recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu from his book, Chef Tell;s Quick Cuisine. Anyway, I just love that book very much.
|Chicken Cordon Bleu|
- 6 whole chicken breast with breast bone removed
- 6 slice boiled ham
- 6 slice Swiss cheese
- Flour for dredging
- 2 eggs
- Bread crumbs for coating
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
Now you're ready to start the game,
- Skin the chicken breast and pound then lightly.
- Spread the breast out, skin side down, and lay a slice of ham on each one.
- Top the ham with a slice of cheese.Fold the breast over and hold closed with a toothpick or two.
- Put a good amount of flour on a piece of wax paper.
- Beat the eggs in a flat soup plate.
- Put a good amount of bread crumbs on a piece of wax paper.
- Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, dip into the eggs, and then coat with the bread crumbs.
- As the chicken breasts are coated, lay them on a flat plate, making sure they do not touch.
- Separate the layers with wax paper, refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in large frying pan, add the chicken breast, and sauté them for 5 to 6 minutes on each side,or until golden brown.(You can also bake the chicken.)
- Remove toothpick carefully and serve immediately.